Physical Education at Bundoora Primary School develops fundamental motor skills and game sense. Our Physical Education teacher, Mr Daniel Kret, is passionate about encouraging children to be active and healthy.
The philosophy of the program is about promoting lifelong physical activity and wellbeing. Students focus on skills such as ball handling and athletic track and field skills. Students learn the basic skills of various sports and take part in sporting clinics. Sporting clinics are provided by local amateur and professional sporting organisations. These include local football, tennis, hockey, and soccer sporting clubs.
Prep students also participate in PMP (Perceptual Motor Program) which runs every week. Teachers, senior students and parents all join the PMP fun! PMP focuses on balance, fitness, hand-eye co-ordination and fundamental motor skills. PMP activities also develop an understanding of concepts (eg. on, in, through, under).
Some highlights of the Physical Education program each year are:
- Inter school summer sport – Year 4-6 students
- Gymnastics Program – Prep-4 students
- District Swimming Carnival
- Whole School athletics carnival
- School Cross Country Carnival followed by District Cross Country – Year 3-6 students
- District Athletics – Year 3-6 students
- Rugby Gala Day – Year 5/6 students
- Bike Education Program
- Swimming Program – Prep-4 students